Accept 5 minute plank challenge and share your achievement in the comments below or on Instagram.
Tag us in your post @DragonsWarriors_com and use our #challengeaccepted_dw.
Holding an elbow plank during 5 minutes.
Straight position of the body is very important and crucial in this challenge. Lifting butt or letting it down is not allowed. Firstly, to avoid hurting your body. Secondly, to workout proper muscles during this challenge.
The idea of this challenge is to compete not with other participants but with yourself.
Qufu Shaolin Kung Fu School, China
Summer time, comfortably warm (around 25°C).
5 minute plank challenge was performed during the break between Kung Fu basics class and Kung Fu Forms class. Kung Fu basic class was already very exhausting..
19 PARTICIPANTS and THEIR RESULTS
- Master Zhang from China – 5 min
- Felix from Germany – 5 min
- Frata from France – 5 min
- RockDaniRoll from Colombia – 5 min
- Kao from India – 5 min
- Yogi from India – 5 min
- Jean from France – 5 min
- Basia from Poland – 3 min 41 sec
- Silvio from Netherlands – 3 min 23 sec
- Kevin from Spain – 3 min 12 sec
- Lotte from Germany – 3 min 11 sec
- Julien from France – 3 min 10 sec
- Kathy from Australia – 2 min 58 sec
- Rishab from India – 2 min 52 sec
- Kevin from Germany – 2 min 46 sec
- Mattia from Italy – 2 min 42 sec
- Jared from Canada – 2 min 37 sec
- Matthew from France – 2 min 11 sec
- Kahina from France – 1 min 44 sec
Participants of this challenge differed in fitness level, age and time they were training in the school. This was the challenge between normal people, who tries their best and accepted the challenge. Qufu Shaolin Kung Fu School doesn’t train the students in holding the plank. The training here is very diverse. We learn forms and weapons, we improve flexibility and endurance.
So more thumbs up for their determination and strength!
- It is definitely not easy to hold a plank for 5 minutes. Even if you are fit and you train a lot, 5 minutes plank can be still challenging.
- Only 7 of 19 participants could hold a plank for 5 minutes and only 2 could hold it even longer (among them our Wing Chun Master).
- A proper plank requires a strong core and shoulder muscles.
- All our participants stayed longer than 1min 45sec in the plank.
CONGRATULATION TO ALL OUR PARTICIPANTS!!! AND LET’S MEET AGAIN IN THE NEXT CHALLENGE!
Let us know your score in the comments. Use our #ChallengeAccepted_dw
All our challenges you can find under #ChallengeDragonsWarriors (on Instagram)