WHAT WILL YOU FIND IN THIS ARTICLE:
One of the main function of Vitamin B12 is to eliminate excess production of nitric oxide (NO). Nitric oxide has many good function in our organism. But, we don’t need it much.
Pollution, unhealthy food, stress, overusing medicine etc. doesn’t help to keep it in check. The production of this gas, when exceeded, leads to Vitamin B12 deficiency. The Vitamin B12 cannot eliminate the gas and the circle closes. Exceeded production of nitric oxide leads to nitrosative stress.
People, who train a lot, vegetarian, vegan are at higher risk of nitrosative stress.
Nitrosative stress causes faster destruction of mitochondria (source of energy). When nitric oxide and reactive oxygen species (ROS) are together, they create peroxynitrite. This makes it even worse.
Nitrosative stress and Vitamin B12 deficiency means less energy for the body and mind.
Vitamin B12 protects myelin sheath of nerves. This sheath is responsible for fast communication between nerves. This is why Vitamin B12 deficiency can lead to many behavioral and emotional changes.
SYMPTOMS OF VITAMIN B12 DEFICIENCY
- Weak muscles,
- Increased need to sleep more (still the sleep doesn’t seem to help to recover the body),
- Decreased cognitive function,
- Increased irritation,
- and more
GOOD NEWS for vegetarians who eat egg !!!
High level of Vitamin B12 is in egg yolk. You can mix it with salad or potato or rice (but do not cook it).
WHAT KIND OF VITAMIN B12 SUPPLEMENT IS THE BEST
The term Vitamin B12 methylcobalamin didn’t appear on the recommended by me product by chance. It is very important that, when you take Vit B12 supplement, you chose the one described as methylcobalamin.
In the video below Dr Edward F.Group explains (min 3:14): the term B12 comes from the name cobalamin. It describes a group of vitamins – cobalamins.
THERE ARE 4 TYPES OF COBALAMIN:
- Methylcobalamin – one of the two better, best forms of B12, especially when it is combined with the Adenosylcobalamin,
- Adenosylcobalamin – second active form of B12.
These are the only vitamin B12 forms (cofactors of vitamin B12), which are already broken down and can be absorbed instantaneously by the body.
- Hydroxocobalamin – usually used as an injected form of B12; however the two above vitamin B12 forms are way better absorbed by the body than hydroxocobalamin,
- Cyanocobalamin – is the one you want to avoid.
Watch the video below to know more about Vitamin B12: